Name: David “Rev” Ciancio
What is your job? Director of Marketing for Burger Maker
What social causes are most important to you? Feeding the Hungry, Saving Pets
What charities do you support – and how?
- I help Food Bank NYC by producing the “NYC Good Beer Passport,” a promotion that brings together bars in NYC to get people checking out local bars and local beers.
- When you buy a t-shirt from Mythical Creature Butcher Shop, proceeds go to the Food Bank.
- I am a part of The Food Film Festival and in each town it happens in, we donate to a different local charity.
- Pet Helpers through a sponsorship that I set up and ran, The Flag Day Burger and Beer Festival donates to a local no-kill, pet shelter.
- Paws With A Cause, every year for Christmas, I donate in honor of my late father. It was his favorite charity.
Why do you have a passion for these, is there a personal tie?
I live a privileged life where I get to eat all kinds of awesome food whenever I want and I write a food blog; Burger Conquest. There are people out there who don’t even know where their next meal is coming from. That’s why I donate to the Food Bank. Everyone should be able to eat.
Paws With a Cause, my Dad loved his dog like no one else. He even used to take him out for ice cream. He felt very connected to Paws With A Cause and I want to keep that up in his honor.
Is there a particular way you would want to encourage readers to be involved?
What is your passion? There is someone out there who doesn’t get to experience that same thing because of poverty, disease, and other debilitating factors. Give to the charity that helps that person.
How would you define social responsibility?
Social responsibility is a ethical theory that you have a responsibility to act to benefit society at large.
Your artist? Kody Cushman from Zulu Tattoo in Los Angeles, is the only tattoo artist that has ever put ink on my body.